List Of Visa Free Countries For Kenyan Passport Holders
Kenya has the 9th most powerful passport in Africa with access to 71 countries (visa-free and visa on arrival). This is according to a recent report by the Henley Passport Index.
Below you will find all of the information about Kenya Passport Visa-Free Travel 2022, including the Kenya visa-free countries accessible with a Kenya passport.
In addition to the visa-free countries list for Kenya passport holders, you can also view the various countries accessible through a visa-on-arrival or via an eTA, as well as the countries from which you will need to obtain an online visa, or a physical visa—i.e. a visa from an embassy/consulate—in order to enter.
Where Can Kenyans Travel Without a Visa?
According to the Henley Report, Kenya’s passport is ranked 74th when it comes to freedom of movement. As a result, Kenyan citizens can travel to many countries visa-free, with an eVisa, or get a visa on arrival. However, they have to get a visa to enter 79 countries.
Kenyan passport holders can visit 39 countries* without a visa:
|Antigua and Barbuda||1 month|
|Hong Kong||90 days|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||up to 3 months|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||1 month|
|Trinidad and Tobago||90 days|
|Uganda||up to three months|
How Can Kenyans Travel Visa-Free?
Kenyans can travel visa-free with a valid passport if they visit a country that has a visa facilitation agreement with Kenya. Please note that some countries may ask for other documents when you enter visa-free. This may include the following:
- Travel health insurance.
- Proof of return ticket.
- Evidence of hotel reservation (or any other accommodation).
- Evidence that you have enough money to finance your trip.
What Documents Do Kenyan Citizens Need to Apply for a Visa?
Required Documents for a Kenyan Visa
Kenyan citizens that want to visit countries that require them to apply for a visa beforehand need to submit a few documents. Depending on the country you want to visit, document requirements may vary. However, most countries will certainly require the following:
- Your valid Kenyan passport (plus a photocopy). Some countries require the passport to be valid for more than six months after the day you plan on departing their country.
- A filled visa application form.
- Passport pictures that are not older than six months.
- Travel health insurance that covers your entire period of stay.
- Proof of paid visa fee.
- Detailed travel itinerary that shows all the places you want to visit.
- Letter of invitation (if applicable)
- Proof of booked return ticket for the flight home.
- Proof of booked accommodation.
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your visit
- Civil status documents (marriage papers, certificates of birth, etc.)
Important: Please note that your visa will most likely be rejected if you have a previous criminal history.
Leave a Reply