Tourist Application Requirements for a Kenya Visa for US and UK
What is a Kenya visa? The Kenya visa is an electronic travel permit (also known as an e-visa) that is granted by the government of Kenya. This travel permit is mandatory; travelers without a valid visa will not be allowed into the country. This travel permit can be acquired in business and tourist options. With the Kenya visa, you are permitted to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Tourists that want to travel to Kenya for holidays require a visa to do so. A Kenya visa application can be submitted online through this website. It is not necessary to visit the Kenya embassy.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A KENYA VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS?
For a successful application, you will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya eVisa if you don’t have a valid passport. And, this passport has to stay valid for another 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will be asked to upload it during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is as recent as possible.
- A return flight ticket – this will let know the immigration officers that you do not plan to overstay your eVisa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – this doesn’t have to include every little detail of the activities of your trip. Just the cities you plan to travel to.
- E-mail address – the Kenya visa arrives to a valid e-mail in PDF format, you will need to need to print it out.
- Means of payment – Evisa Platform accepts many methods of payment like credit/debit card, Paypal, and Mobile Money Payments like Mpesa.
How will I receive my Kenyan eVisa for American citizens?
When the application is approved, the electronic visa for Kenya is sent to the American applicant by email as an attached PDF.
Upon receipt, US tourists must print a copy of the eVisa and carry it with them when traveling to Kenya.
The eVisa is registered to the American applicants’ passport. This passport must be used to travel to Kenya.
How much is a visa for Kenya for US citizens?
The Kenya visa cost for Americans depends on the type of visa (tourist, business, etc.) and other factors.
The price of a Kenyan eVisa for US visitors covers both a government charge and a processing fee. The total cost is very affordable, regardless of the visa type.
During the online application, you will be prompted to enter your card details. Transactions are handled by secure servers to protect the applicant’s data. Once the fee is paid, the application can be processed. The visa is then delivered by email.
- Standard processing – even though this is the slowest option out there, it is also the cheapest. Your application is ready within 6 Business Days, and you will be charged USD 91.00.
- Rush processing – this one moves a little bit faster! You receive your Kenya Visa within 4 Business Days. And for this change in speed, you will be charged USD 121.00.
- Super Rush processing – Are you in a rush to get it as soon as possible? This option is for you. Your request will be processed within just 2 Business Days but will be priced at USD 156.00.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED FOR A KENYAN TOURIST E-VISA IF I AM FROM THE UK?
To obtain the Kenya Visa from the UK, you need the following documents:
- Minors Passport Bio Data Page (if applicable)
- Applicant Photo and passport cover
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Airline Confirmation and proof of accommodation (if applicable)
- Cover Letter (if applicable)
- Host’s ID (if applicable)
- Hospital Letter (if applicable)
- Appointment letter from Kenyan hospital (if applicable)
- Organization’s Certificate of Registration in the justice authority (if applicable)
- Work ID of the host (if applicable)
- Host’s Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
- Employment Proof (if applicable)
- Previous Visas Last Year (if applicable)
The cost of the Kenya visa is £74.95 per person. This cost applies to both the business and the tourist visas, for a maximum stay in Kenya of 90 consecutive days.
How will I receive my Kenyan eVisa for the United Kingdom or British (UK) citizens?
When the application is approved, the electronic visa for Kenya is sent to the British applicant by email as an attached PDF.
Upon receipt, UK tourists must print a copy of the eVisa and carry it with them when traveling to Kenya.
The eVisa is registered to the British applicants’ passport. This passport must be used to travel to Kenya.
For more support and Information, Please get informed from the Kenya Immigration Website.
Leave a Reply